Why consider teeth whitening?
Your smile is the way you greet the world, but if it’s not as healthy or as white as you would like it to be you may not want to smile.By choosing a whitening treatment from us, you can be assured of guaranteed results.
What can I expect to happen when I choose ENLIGHTEN with us?
- Using ENLIGHTEN Whitening involves an initial dental appointment with one of our dentists. At this appointment we will assess your oral health to make sure you are dentally fit to have tooth whitening.
- We will then have a chat with you about what you hope to achieve from tooth whitening and check what products are suitable for your needs.
- If dentally fit we will then take impressions of your upper and lower teeth in order to produce your customised whitening trays. The trays will can typically take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
- You’ll have another appointment with us where we will check that the trays fit and are comfortable for you before showing you how to apply the whitening gel to the trays correctly as well as advice on the usage.
- There is then a “power boost” with us in surgery at the end.
ENLIGHTEN is clinically proven to:
- Minimise sensitivity and aid in the re-mineralisation process after whitening
- Minimise post treatment fade back
- Give teeth a lustrous, glossy sheen
Is teeth whitening safe?
Yes. Clinical studies have shown that whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dental professional is safe for teeth and gums and always ensure that products are EU compliant.
I have sensitive teeth: can I whiten?
Sensitive teeth can be a common side effect of tooth whitening.To help prevent this, the ENLIGHTEN whitening gel contain special ingredients which are proven to help reduce sensitivity, protect enamel and improve the lustre of teeth for a brighter smile.
What are the side effects of whitening?
The most common side effect is tooth and gum sensitivity.Your dentist will be able to advise you on whether you are a good candidate for whitening and they can also ensure that you are using the right concentration of whitening formula.
How long will my ENLIGHTEN whitening results last?
Whitening treatments help to reduce existing stain, but through consumption of tea/coffee.soft drinks or through natural ageing, your teeth may become discoloured again.Maintenance whitening at home can help combat recurring discolouration.
What causes teeth to discolour?
There are many causes of tooth discolouration.Some of the most common include the consumption of highly coloured foods and drinks such as red wine, tea and coffee.Some medications, ageing, smoking and trauma can also cause tooth discolouration.